2017 Projects and Activities
I.Collecting and Providing Information Concerning International Exchanges and Cooperation Activities
Collecting and Providing Information
- Collecting and providing information via the Official Tokyo International Communication Committee (TICC) Website
- 2,431,089 hits (yearly total) / 202,591 hits (monthly average)
- Publication of "Living Information (a Comprehensive Living guide for Foreign Residents)" on the Official TICC Website
- Available language and Topics
- Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean
100 topics (22 on "Tips for a Better Living Experience", 23 on "What to Do in Case of Emergency" and 55 "Living Guide" topics).
82 topics (22 on "Tips for a Better Living Experience", 21 on "What to Do in Case of Emergency" and 39 "Living Guide" topics).
- 924,181 hits (yearly total) / 77,015 hits (monthly average)
- Events Calendar (publication of "Events Information" on the Official TICC Website)
- 302 hits (yearly total) / 25 hits (monthly average)
- Information Corner
- Number of inquiries (by phone, e-mail, etc.)
- 279 (yearly total) / 23 (monthly average)
Public Relations Activities
Publication of an online monthly newsletter called "L'ESPACE" on the Official TICC Website. The newsletter is published on the 1st day of each month
- 319,617 hits (yearly total) / 26,635 hits (monthly average)
Management of multicultural portal site
Providing information via the "Website to Support Foreign Residents, Life in Tokyo"
- 80,263 hits (yearly total) / 6,689 hits (monthly average)
Managing the Training of Multicultural Coordinators
Number of personnel attending the course: 62 individuals (28 received Certificates of Completion)
Examining the Development of Support Networks for Foreign Residents During Times of Disaster
- Hearings held with related organizations: 5 organizations
- Exchange of opinions at a meeting of the Tokyo International Exchange Groups Association and conducting a workshop
Survey on the Dissemination of Information to Foreign Residents in Tokyo Realized
Subjects: 100 foreign residents and workers in Tokyo
II. Educating and Coordinating to Promote International Exchanges and Cooperation Activities
Coordinating and Communicating with International Associations
- Activities related to the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations
- Recognized Local International Exchange Associations General Meeting 2017 (Wednesday, May 24th, 2017)
- Recognized Local International Exchange Associations Kanto Region Information Exchange Meeting 2017 Recognized Local International Exchange Associations Kanto Region Working Group on Partnership for Emergencies Meeting (Tuesday, November 28th, 2017)
- Activities related to local international associations
- Tokyo International Exchange Groups Association
General and executive meetings (Thursday, May 25th, 2017)
Liaison meeting (Tuesday, October 24th, 2017)
- "Disaster Prevention Network (Disaster Network) to Support Foreigners - Establishing Personalized Relationships"
- Wednesday, December 20th, 2017
- 35 participants
- "Real Situations Encountered by Immigration Control and the Foreign Resident System - Revealed Through a Worksite Visit to the Haneda Airport Branch of the Immigration Bureau!"
- Tuesday, February 27th, 2018
- 13 participants
- Preparation and publication of the "Tokyo International Exchange Groups Association Membership Directory" (2017 Edition)
- Conducting free professional consultations for foreign residents and related activities
- "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents" (16 occasions)
- Total number of consultations
- 197 cases
- Volunteer translators
- 205 translators covering 19 languages
- Management meetings for the "Tokyo Supporting Network for Foreign Residents" (4 occasions)
- Workshops for interpreters and consultants
- "Foreigner Consultation Kiosk Know-How - Based on Experiences of Multicultural Clinics"
- Wednesday, September 13th, 2017
- 53 participants
- "The Role of Community Interpreters and How to Improve Their Skills"
- Tuesday, January 29th, 2018
- 30 participants
- Advertising "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents"
Publishing and distributing "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents" flyers (3 formats in 12 languages; 9,500 copies in total)
Publishing and distributing "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents" posters (200 copies in total)
Holding the "International Citizens' Forum in TOKYO"
- "International Citizens' Forum in TOKYO"
- Saturday, February 3rd, 2018
- Nakano ZERO West Annex
- Subcommittee 1: How is a World That Leaves No One Behind? From the Perspective of SDGs
Subcommittee 2: Multicultural Society from the Perspective of Foreigners as Residents
Subcommittee 3: Childhood Education for the Promotion of a Multicultural Society - Case Reports from the Japanese Language Learning Support for Children with Roots in Foreign Countries
- 140 participants
Holding "Association for International Communication and Cooperation TOKYO" Meetings
Association for International Communication and Cooperation TOKYO General Meeting (5 times)