2018 Projects and Activities
I.Collecting and Providing Information Concerning International Exchanges and Cooperation Activities
Collecting and Providing Information
- Collecting and providing information via the Official Tokyo International Communication Committee (TICC) Website
- 2,671,838 hits (yearly total) / 222,653 hits (monthly average)
- Publication of "Living Information (a Comprehensive Living guide for Foreign Residents)" on the Official TICC Website
- Available language and Topics
- Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean
100 topics (22 on "Tips for a Better Living Experience", 23 on "What to Do in Case of Emergency" and 55 "Living Guide" topics).
98 topics (22 on "Tips for a Better Living Experience", 21 on "What to Do in Case of Emergency" and 55 "Living Guide" topics).
- 1,243,337 hits (yearly total) / 103,611 hits (monthly average)
- Events Calendar (publication of "Events Information" on the Official TICC Website)
- 331 hits (yearly total) / 28 hits (monthly average)
- Information Corner
- Number of inquiries (by phone, e-mail, etc.)
- 313 (yearly total) / 26 (monthly average)
Public Relations Activities
Publication of an online monthly newsletter called "L'ESPACE" on the Official TICC Website. The newsletter is published on the 1st day of each month
- 341,679 hits (yearly total) / 28,473 hits (monthly average)
Management of multicultural portal site
Providing information via the "Website to Support Foreign Residents, Life in Tokyo"
- 123,706 hits (yearly total) / 10,309 hits (monthly average)
Development of the "Life in Tokyo：Your Guide" Web Version
Construction of the web version of the lifestyle guidebook for international residents published by the Bureau of Citizens and Cultural Affairs of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Launch date: March 29, 2019
II. Educating and Coordinating to Promote International Exchanges and Cooperation Activities
Coordinating and Communicating with International Associations
- Activities related to the Council of Local Authorities for International Relations
- Recognized Local International Exchange Associations General Meeting 2018 (Tuesday, May 15th, 2018)
- Recognized Local International Exchange Associations Kanto Region Information Exchange Meeting 2018 (Thursday, November 29th, 2018)
- Activities related to local international associations
- Tokyo International Exchange Groups Association
General and executive meetings (Thursday, May 31st, 2018)
Liaison meeting (Thursday, February 28th, 2019)
- "Basic Information to Prepare for Disasters – Foreign Residents and Disaster Prevention"
- Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
- 34 participants
- "Methods of Communication with Foreign People to Prepare for Disasters, the Role of the Multilingual Disaster Support Center, Easy Japanese"
- Thursday, August 30th, 2018
- 59 participants
- "Society Living Together with Foreign Residents: Discussion Forum with an International Student, Survivor of the Kumamoto Earthquakes"
- Tuesday, October 16th, 2018
- 23 participants
- "Developing a Disaster-Resilient Multicultural Community with Diverse People"
- Thursday, December 13th, 2018
- 34 participants
- Preparation and publication of the "Tokyo International Exchange Groups Association Membership Directory" (2018 Edition)
- Conducting free professional consultations for foreign residents and related activities
- "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents" (17 occasions)
- Total number of consultations
- 220 cases
- Volunteer translators
- 223 translators covering 20 languages
- Management meetings for the "Tokyo Supporting Network for Foreign Residents" (4 occasions)
- Workshops for interpreters and consultants
- "Children Entering School – Support for Foreign Moms and Dads"
- Thursday, October 25th, 2018
- 37 participants
- "The Role of Community Interpreters and How to Improve Their Skills"
- Monday, February 4th, 2019
- 37 participants
- Advertising "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents"
Publishing and distributing "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents" flyers (3 formats in 13 languages; 9,500 copies in total)
Publishing and distributing "Free Professional Consultations for Foreign Residents" posters (200 copies in total)
Holding the "International Citizens' Forum in TOKYO"
- "International Citizens' Forum in TOKYO"
- Saturday, February 16th, 2019
- Nakano ZERO West Annex
- Subcommittee 1: Future of Foreign Resident Consultation Services in Tokyo – Based on Opinions of Consultation Sites
Subcommittee 2: School and Community Support for Children
Subcommittee 3: Communication with Foreign People – Let's Change Day-to-Day Awareness
Subcommittee 4: What We Can Do to Guarantee Children's Right to Learn
- 225 participants
Holding "Association for International Communication and Cooperation TOKYO" Meetings
Association for International Communication and Cooperation TOKYO General Meeting (5 times)
III. Other Activities
Managing the Training of Multicultural Coordinators
- The Training of Multicultural Coordinators
Number of personnel attending the course: 81 individuals (26 received Certificates of Completion)
- The Follow Up Training of Multicultural Coordinators
Number of personnel attending the course: 21 individuals
Examining the Development of Support Networks for Foreign Residents During Times of Disaster
- Workshops (4 times) provided to municipal and international communication associations personnel
- Conducted a survey and 2 information exchange meetings with member organizations of the Tokyo International Exchange Associations